Animal Licensing

New applications or new pets added to a renewal will not be processed from February 16th - March 4th. If you are in an immediate need for a license, please go in person to City Hall to get your license tag. We apologize for the inconvenience.


To renew or to add a new pet to an existing account click existing account.

To set up a new account and register a pet click new account


City Hall
3609 Market Place West, Suite 200

Monday through Friday
9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.


Mail the Pet License Application (PDF), applicable documents, and check to:

City Hall
3609 Market Place West, Suite 200
University Place, WA 98466

To Close an Account or for Questions.

Call 253.798.4251 or email us.

Missing Pets

Is your pet missing? Please call animal control at 253.798.7387. You can also call the Pierce County Humane Society at 253.383.2733 and then "press 1". Found pets are also listed on the The Humane Society for Tacoma and Pierce County website.