Public Records

The City's Ordinance 478 (PDF) established procedures in accordance with Chapter 42.56 RCW that provide citizens access to public records. 


Requests for public records can be made by using the City's Public Records Request Center or through the City Clerk's Office at City Hall. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Commonly Requested Records

Many other records held by agencies that the City contracts with are not maintained by the City of University Place. To obtain those records, please use the contact information provided to contact the appropriate agency for assistance:

Other Records Not Maintained by the City

Electrical & Water

  • Tacoma Public Utilities Phone - 253.383.2471

Fire Hazardous Materials Incidents

  • Public Records Requests Phone - 253.564.1623
  • West Pierce Fire and Rescue Station 31
    3631 Drexler Drive West
    University Place, WA 98466

Fire Investigation

  • Pierce County Emergency Management Phone - 253.798.7179


  • University Place Refuse Phone - 253.564.3212
  • Lakewood Refuse Phone - 253.588.1705

Property Taxes

  • Pierce County Assessor Phone - 253.798.6111

Septic Systems & As-builts

  • Tacoma/Pierce County Health Department Phone - 253.798.6470

Sewer Permits & Connections

  • Pierce County Sewer Utilities Phone - 253.798.4050

Zoning & Land Use Designations