Where can I find an attorney to represent me?

Pierce County Bar Association (TPCBA) maintains a Lawyer Referral Service. The Bar office is located at:

620 Ernest S Brazill Street (Suite B)
Tacoma, WA 98405-4620

Please visit their website or call 253.383.3432 to obtain business hours and information about services and costs.
Services for low-income citizens may be obtained by calling the toll-free number for the Northwest Justice Project - CLEAR (Coordinated Legal Education, Advice and Referral) at 888.201.1014. Special services for seniors is at toll-free 888.387.7111. This coordinated effort links citizens to local volunteer lawyer programs, law school clinics, or other legal resources in the caller's community. You may also check the Northwest Justice Project website and the CLEAR website for information and qualifications for legal services. Both sites are accessible in English, Spanish, and Russian.
The Pierce County Department of Assigned Counsel (DAC) provides legal representation for qualified indigent clients. DAC handles Pierce County criminal proceedings at Superior Court, District Court, and Juvenile Court levels as well as at Tacoma Municipal Court. The department also handles dependency and termination proceedings at Juvenile/Family Court, as well as provides representation for persons detained for involuntary civil commitment proceedings. Contact the DAC website or call them at 253. 798.6062 to obtain details about services and qualifications for representation, office locations, business hours, etc.

Show All Answers

1. Can the City Attorney (or City Attorney staff) give me legal advice about a personal legal issue?
2. Where can I obtain information about legal issues and services?
3. Where can I find help in understanding legal terms?
4. Where can I get help with my family law problem (divorce, separation, child custody, etc.)?
5. Where can I find an attorney to represent me?
6. Where can citizens who want to resolve disputes out of court get help?
7. Where can I get help with my landlord/tenant problem?