Public Records

The City's Ordinance 478 established procedures in accordance with Chapter 42.56 RCW that provide citizens access to public records. Requests for public records can be made by using the link below or through the City Clerk's Office at City Hall. Office hours are Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Police records, Fire records and other records held by agencies that the City contracts with are not maintained by the City of University Place. To obtain those records, please use the contact information provided below to contact the appropriate agency for assistance.
Submit City of University Place Requests to:
Public Records Officer - City Clerk
3715 Bridgeport Way West
University Place WA 98466
Phone 253.566.5656
Fax 253.566.5658
Electrical  & Water
Tacoma Public Utilities - 253.383.2471
Fire Hazardous Materials Incidents
West Pierce Fire & Rescue Station 31 
3631 Drexler Drive West
University Place, WA 98466
Fire Investigation
2401 S 35th St
Room #2
Tacoma, WA 98402
University Place Refuse - 253.564.3212
Lakewood Refuse - 253.588.1705
Historical Permits - Any construction prior to the City's incorporation
Pierce County - 253.798.7210  
Property Taxes
Pierce County Assessor - 253.798.6111
Septic Systems & As-builts
Tacoma/Pierce County Health Department - 253.798.6470
Sewer Permits & Connections
Pierce County Sewer Utilities - 253.798.4050
Zoning and Land Use Designations
  • Access data by using the Download Dataset button