If your business meets any of the following exemptions, please click here for a printable exemption form and return it to the Business Licensing Department at the City of University Place, 3715 Bridgeport Way West, along with a copy of your most recent Tax Return form: 1120, 1120-S, 1065, 990, or Schedule C.

The following are not required to obtain a City Business License:

  • Casual or isolated sales made by persons who are not engaged in the on-going business of selling the type of property involved, providing that not more than four (4) such sales events are made during any tax year.
  • All businesses with gross annual revenues of less than $12,000.
  • All businesses which are exempt from master business license registration under WAC 458-20-101(2)(a). (To ensure your business is exempt from the State Business License, please contact the Washington State Business Licensing Service at 1.800.451.7985)
  • Minors engaged in baby-sitting, delivery of newspapers, lawn mowing, car washing, and similar activities.
  • Any instrumentality of the United States, State of Washington, or any political subdivision thereof, with respect to the exercise of governmental functions.
  • All special events sponsored by the City, but not to include participating commercial peddlers.
  • Non-profit organizations, including but not limited to religious, civic, charitable, benevolent, non-profit, cultural or youth organizations.